- Concurrent Dual Band: 867Mbps on 5GHz and 300Mbps on 2.4GHz
- Two WAN ports for DSL and Ethernet offer double the choice – wireless router or DSL modem
- Compatible with VDSL2, ADSL2/2+, ADSL, fiber and cable services for complete future-proofing
- Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast and reliable internet performance
- Multi-purpose USB port supports file sharing, printer sharing, media streaming and 3G/4G support
- VDSL/ADSL WAN multi service for IPTV support
- PPTP/Open VPN server and VPN client support
- Download Master and enhanced media server let you download and stream anywhere
- ASUS AiCloud lets you access, sync, share and stream data anywhere
Future-proofed versatility with 802.11ac wireless speeds
- The ASUS DSL-AC55U is a ADSL/VDSL 802.11ac Wi-Fi modem router, with combined dual-band data rates of up to 1167Mbps. On the 5GHz band, 802.11ac gives 867Mbps wireless data rates, while 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance supports 300Mbps. Compatible with ADSL2/2+, ADSL, VDSL2, fiber and cable services, the top specification completes future-proofing.
- ASUS AiRadar enhances the Wi-Fi stability and improves coverage up to 150%*. Most importantly, the universal beamforming not only works on 802.11ac clients, but also 802.11a/b/g/n clients. Equipped with powerful hardware NAT acceleration and built-in Gigabit Ethernet, the DSL-AC55U gives you full Gigabit internet performance, with a WAN-to-LAN throughput performance of over 900 Mbps.
- USB 2.0 port allows the DSL-AC55U to share printer and scanner over a network, and it can also operate as high-speed NAS (Network Attached Storage) device when external storage is connected.
- The easy-to-use ASUSWRT graphical user interface unlocks the power of DSL-AC55U giving robust control to optimize your network for you. 30-second setup and easy traffic management means even network newbies can enjoy its sophisticated features, while power users will love its IPv6 support, multiple wireless SSIDs and encrypted VPN access.
Enhanced signal range and stability
ASUS AiRadar intelligently improves wireless connections by using exclusive ASUS RF fine-tuning. This ensures extended coverage, increases dynamic data speed, and enhances stability.
Total flexibility with DSL, Ethernet or 3G/4G LTE Internet connections
DSL-AC55U has multiple ways to connect to the Internet, with a choice of DSL, Ethernet or 3G/4G LTE*. You can use DSL-AC55U as a DSL modem Wi-Fi router or a standalone Wi-Fi router according to your needs. And with the ability to switch instantly between connections if one fails (and switch back again when it’s fixed) or combine multiple connections for more bandwidth, it’s perfect for reliable, always-on internet connectivity. *Requires compatible USB dongle
Gigabit Internet browsing with hardware NAT
Equipped with a powerful hardware NAT acceleration engine and built-in Gigabit Ethernet, the DSL-AC55U gives you full Gigabit performance. Its WAN-to-LAN throughput performance is over 900 Mbps, which is more than 4.5 times that of traditional software-based NAT Gigabit routers. This reduces the possibility of bottlenecks on fast internet connections.
Add external storage, printers, and other devices to your network
Make DSL-AC55U your media and device center. With built-in two USB ports, connect external storage drives, printers, scanners and many other USB-enabled devices to share with your networked PCs. Having your devices networked, lets you access them easier than ever before.
Robust control and optimization with DSL ASUSWRT
With the DSL-ASUSWRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor, and control network applications all in one intuitive area. The whole-new dashboard interface lets you manage all clients and settings via a single graphical interface, and provides 1-click updates.
ASUS AiCloud – Your world on demand
ASUS AiCloud keeps you connected to your data wherever and whenever you have an internet connection. It links your home network and online web storage service and lets you access it through the AiCloud mobile app on your iOS or Android smartphone or through a personalized URL in a web browser.
Download and stream anywhere
Download Master and enhanced media server let you download and play multimedia files stored on router-attached USB storage on a wide range of compatible devices such as PC, pad, PS4, Xbox, and smart TV. Download Master can also download files while your PC is turned off, and allows you to manage and monitor download status remotely.
Better online multitasking at up to 300,000 sessions
Massive online multitasking at up 300,000 concurrent data sessions gives you 20 times the capacity of mainstream routers, allowing for great performance with no slowdown even during heavy traffic sessions. Multiple downloads occur at the same time to create a smoother user experience. More data sessions translate into quicker and buffer-less HD streaming plus lag-free online gaming even while you download content, so you can do more without compromising your online lifestyle.
VPN server and client for encrypted remote connection
With the virtual private network (VPN) server and VPN client, you can access your home network remotely or surf the internet with encryption, no need for paid VPN services or a dedicated VPN server.
- Type: VDSL2/ADSL2 Router
- Connectivity: Wireless
- Max Wireless Transfer Rate: 867 Mbps
- Max Wired Transfer Rate: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Signal Rate: 5GHz: Up to 867Mbps
2.4GHz: Up to 300Mbps
- Bands: Dual Band
- Interface(s): 4 x RJ45 10/100/1000 BaseT for LAN
1 x RJ45 10/100/1000 BaseT for WAN
1 x RJ11 for xDSL
- Wireless Standards: "IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.11i, IEEE 802.11e, IPv4, IPv6"
- Frequency: 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Button(s): WPS Button
Wireless on/off Button
- Power Supply: AC Input : 110 ~240 V(50~60HZ)
DC Output : 12 V/1.5 A
Power Consumption : 18 W Max.
- Antenna(s): 4 x External Antennas
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 20.7 x 14.9 x 3.6 ~ cm (WxDxH)
- Security: "64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK"
- VPN Support: VPN server(PPTP/OpenVPN)
- Management: Web-based GUI configuration
UPnP IGD 1.0
Auto VPI/VCI detection
Configuration backup and restore
Log & Trace function
- USB Sharing: Printer Server
- Advanced Features: See Overview
- Package Contents: DSL-AC55U Modem Router
Support CD(User manual and utility)
Quick start guide
- Package Type: Retail
- Package Weight: 1.2830 kg
- Warranty: 3 Years
- #Hide#Wireless Standard: 802.11ac
Free shipping is available to all UK residents.
These orders will be sent on a Royal Mail 48 hour tracked service. If you require a more immediate delivery service, we use DHL. However, this courier service will incur an extra cost as stated at the checkout.
We also use DHL/Royal Mail for all European shipments, if you require a European delivery service please select your country at the check out for a shipping price. For international shipments outside of Europe, please contact us directly for a bespoke quote.
We understand that occasionally products may need to be returned to us, but we are here to help make the process easier.
For all returns to Blackmore IT you will need to complete a return merchandise authorisation (RMA) form in order for us to process your refund or replacement during the product's warranty period. Please print this return documentation by clicking here and ensure you include this documentation with a copy of your proof of purchase within the return.
If you need to return your purchase from us, whether you bought it online or over the phone, the product can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of delivery as long as it's still in its original, unopened anti static (a silver coloured bag or pink bubble material) packaging. Please follow the returns policy above.
We sincerely apologise if your product develops a fault within its warranty period, and if the fault occurs within 30 days of purchase (or delivery) we will always offer you an exchange or refund. However, in all cases we do reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault, if you would like to discuss this further please call us on 0808 196 2772, alternatively follow the returns policy above.
We want you to be absolutely satisfied with your Blackmore IT product and would recommend that, where practicable, you unpack and check it for any transit damage as soon as your product arrives. If you receive a damaged product please call us as soon as possible on 0808 196 2772 to inform us about this issue.
We will then arrange an exchange or refund as soon as possible, once the return has been processed as per the above returns policy.
Our Return to Base (RTB) warranties mean if the item doesn't work on delivery we cover all costs of getting a replacement sent out immediately. However, if the item works on delivery but within 6 months breaks then we ask you to send it back to us for repair or replacement.