Entry-Level Enterprise Hard Drive for Bulk-Data Applications
- 1TB, entry-level 3.5-inch enterprise drive storage with industry-leading, ninth-generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology
- Reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications
- SATA 6Gb/s interface in industry-standard format (512 native) for easy integration into
- replicated and RAID multi-drive legacy storage servers and systems
- State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms for accurate data storage
- Industry-leading rotational vibration design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems
- Engineered for 24x7 workloads of 550TB/yr—10× that of desktop drives
- On-demand PowerChoice™ feature for enabling lower power options when drive is not in use
- Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests, ensuring no unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO
Exos 7E2: Trusted. Efficient. Versatile
Trusted, efficient and versatile enterprise storage with industry-leading ninth generation conventional magnetic recording technology, the Exos™ 7E2 is a budget-friendly, enterprise-grade hard drive. Delivering 1TB capacities and On-Demand PowerChoice™ for lower power consumption, the Exos 7E2 is engineered for 24×7 workloads of 550TB/yr—10 times that of desktop drives. Specifically designed to address the needs of storing unstructured data cost-effectively, the traditional 512-native format with a 6 Gb/s SATA interface ensures easy integration into legacy storage servers and systems. Choose the Exos 7E2 as your entry-level hard drive choice.
Reliable Data Center-Grade Hard Drive Within Reach
The Exos 7E2 hard drives offer economical storage for traditional 512-native infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E2 provides the most cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications. Built on field-proven 9th generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
The Exos 7E2 hard drives are proven, enterprise-class hard drives with enterprise-grade reliability backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating. With state-of-the-art cache, on the fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E2 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
Consistent, High Performance and Compatibility for Legacy Data Centre Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements with the most efficient and cost-effective SATA 6 Gb/s drive in a 3.5-inch data centre footprint. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice™ and Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in your TCO.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
The Exos 7E2 series delivers firmware security features to help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Exos 7E2 hard drives safeguard firmware with authentic Secure Downloads & Diagnostic
- Hyperscale applications/cloud data centers with replicated storage
- Scale-out data centers and big data analytics
- Legacy mainstream applications requiring 512n block size
- High-capacity density RAID storage
- Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise backup and restore—D2D, virtual tape
- Centralized surveillance
- Type of Drive: Enterprise
- #Hide#Series: Seagate Exos
- Form Factor: 3.5""""
- Capacity: 1 TB
- Interface Type: SATA
- Interface Speed: SATA III - 6Gb/s
- Flash Memory Capacity: -
- Speed: 7200 RPM
- Cache: 128 MB
- Condition: New
- Additional Features: See manufacturers link above
- Weight: 550g
- Dimensions: 26.1 x 101.6 x 147 mm
- Package Type: OEM
- Package Weight: 0.6100 kg
Free shipping is available to all UK residents.
These orders will be sent on a Royal Mail 48 hour tracked service. If you require a more immediate delivery service, we use DHL. However, this courier service will incur an extra cost as stated at the checkout.
We also use DHL/Royal Mail for all European shipments, if you require a European delivery service please select your country at the check out for a shipping price. For international shipments outside of Europe, please contact us directly for a bespoke quote.
We understand that occasionally products may need to be returned to us, but we are here to help make the process easier.
For all returns to Blackmore IT you will need to complete a return merchandise authorisation (RMA) form in order for us to process your refund or replacement during the product's warranty period. Please print this return documentation by clicking here and ensure you include this documentation with a copy of your proof of purchase within the return.
If you need to return your purchase from us, whether you bought it online or over the phone, the product can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of delivery as long as it's still in its original, unopened anti static (a silver coloured bag or pink bubble material) packaging. Please follow the returns policy above.
We sincerely apologise if your product develops a fault within its warranty period, and if the fault occurs within 30 days of purchase (or delivery) we will always offer you an exchange or refund. However, in all cases we do reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault, if you would like to discuss this further please call us on 0808 196 2772, alternatively follow the returns policy above.
We want you to be absolutely satisfied with your Blackmore IT product and would recommend that, where practicable, you unpack and check it for any transit damage as soon as your product arrives. If you receive a damaged product please call us as soon as possible on 0808 196 2772 to inform us about this issue.
We will then arrange an exchange or refund as soon as possible, once the return has been processed as per the above returns policy.
Our Return to Base (RTB) warranties mean if the item doesn't work on delivery we cover all costs of getting a replacement sent out immediately. However, if the item works on delivery but within 6 months breaks then we ask you to send it back to us for repair or replacement.